Our activity for the event will be as follow;
- Set up a database of mentors from various cities of the Nigereria
- Set up a database of prospective mentees from the rural areas of the Nigeria
- Organize a get-to-gether meeting of prospective mentees to prospective mentors.
- Organize an in-house review of the get-to-gether meeting and confirm mentor’s willingness to adopt a mentee or mentees.
- Unveiling of selected mentees and mentors (at event venue)
- Surprise donation of books and other educational materials by mentors to mentees (at event venue)
- Discussions on dreams, aspirations and interests by mentees (at event venue)
- Discussions from parents and guardians of mentees
- Advice and suggestions from mentors (at event venue)
- Organized outdoor shopping by mentors and mentees (at the end of event)
- Continuous monitoring of mentor-mentee relationship (after event)
- Report and evaluation of the entire programme
- Recruitment of further mentees and mentors
- Launching of the next (second) phase of the initiative
As part of the process towards launching the Meet-Your-Mentor Initiative, Progressive Women Forum shall put in place the following structure and arrangement as part of the project initiative.
- Establish a permanent team to coordinate and manage the entire programme
- Establish a logistics and planning committee to handle the visit to various communities and schools for the purpose of identifying prospective mentees.
- Establish a Mentor Recruitment Committee to identify prospective reliable and successful mentors who would be able to participate in the initiative.
- Launch an online campaign about the programme and recruit both mentors and mentees through the social media.
- Carry out background and risk assessment checks on prospective mentees before admitting them into the programme.
- Identify possible partners and donors who would support mentors in taking care of the financial needs of the prospective mentees.
- The management team of Progressive Women Forum (PWF) shall carry out regular evaluation of the programme to ensure that desired results, aims and objectives are met.