Small Story About Us
Progressive Women Forum (PWF) is a private, not-for-profit, non-governmental organization registered in 2011 with the objective of sensitizing and empowering rural women and youths.
We do not develop communities; rather we facilitate communities to make their decisions regarding the direction they choose to follow in charting their own destinies. We believe that without strengthening the capacity of existing community structures to be able to receive, manage and take ownership of the development process, community development projects will continue to lack sustainability.
However, the people, not the institutions, are our priority concern. Therefore, Progressive Women Forum pursues, gender equity, capacity building, skills development and collaborative partnership as means to improve the well-being of the people.
Our core aims and objectives are;
- To enlighten and empower rural women
- To enlighten, educate and support the girl child
- Development and capacity building of the grassroot populace
- Health awareness campaign to reduce mother and child mortality
- Advocate development and peace for rural women
- Cascade global, national and regional development goals to the rural women.
- Facilitate rural participation in achieving these goals.